simpy — The end user API¶
The simpy module provides SimPy’s end-user API. It aggregates Simpy’s most important classes and methods. This is purely for your convenience. You can of course also access everything (and more!) via their actual submodules.
Core classes and functions¶
- Environment: SimPy’s central class. It contains the simulation’s state and lets the PEMs interact with it (i.e., schedule events).
- Interrupt: This exception is thrown into a process if it gets interrupted by another one.
- Resource: Can be used by a limited number of processes at a time (e.g., a gas station with a limited number of fuel pumps).
- PriorityResource: Like Resource, but waiting processes are sorted by priority.
- PreemptiveResource: Version of Resource with preemption.
- Container: Models the production and consumption of a homogeneous, undifferentiated bulk. It may either be continuous (like water) or discrete (like apples).
[Not yet implemented]